Stetson is a rural, residential and recreational area on the edge of Sebasticook Valley. Home to many lifelong residents, it offers respite and recreation for commuters working in neighboring communities and for travelers and vacationers on the shores of Pleasant Lake.
The community takes great pride in its local history and natural resources whether at the historic Stetson Meetinghouse, the fish population at Pleasant Lake or the varied wildlife in Goodwind Stream Marsh. The fish population is aided by a new fishway to restore historic fisheries to the Sebasticook Valley via the Kennebec River.
The 1843 meetinghouse is listed on the National & State Registers of Historic Places and still houses town meetings. The building is rivaled only by the town’s new combined fire station and library, constructed in 1998.